Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Respect R.I.P.




I just showed up at the Studio and this is what I saw. Our oh so smart neighbour invited a local unnamed crew (they didn't want to say but I think it was VSP) to paint his wall, in so doing they went over our piece. When I asked them why they covered our piece, "rifle" said that our piece "wasn't a piece, it was a painting", so I guess it didn't deserve the respect. Then on top of that "rifle" asked me "who are those guys anyway? some jazz dudes?" ... the guy he covered was Kieth Haring, one of the founding Graffiti and POP cultures forefathers. The other 2 figures are/were Leonard Cohen and Donny Hathaway. It was a representation of Canadian culture, LA soul and Pop history. R.I.P.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DON'T WANT TO SWEAR IN A COMMENT OF YOURS..........."WHAT THE F*#K"....WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! SORRY, BRO..........should go back over theirs with the same painting ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

John Ogden Arnold said...

That's insane guys!!!

Anonymous said...

that's just stoopid. oh well.